analytical Q diary journal photos contact
Journal Entries


Bon Journal

London directory

The first time I passed through London I fell in love with the idea of living here. The three days gave me enough of an impression to come back. So I applied to London School of Economics (LSE) and came back a year later.

As a student, I got the best seats for the lowest prices. So I made a point of going to classical music concerts, plays, musicals - the cultural thing without the wining and dining.

LSE is only one of several colleges of the University of London. University College is the biggest in London. Imperial College is second only to Cambridge and Oxford. Then there's the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS). I took a year of French at King's College. I haven't been to the Royal Holloway or Queen Mary and Westfield. Birkbeck College has adult (continuing education) courses.

London also has top colleges of art, drama, music, and fashion. Art: Camberwell College of Art, Chelsea College of Art, Prince of Wales' Drawing Studio, St Martin's College of Art and Design, University of London's Courtauld Institute of Art, and University College's Slade School of Fine Art.

Music: Trinity College of Music is located at Mandeville Place, between Bond and Baker Street tube stations. Probably THE leading place to study music, Royal Academy of Music is on Marylebone Road, east of Baker Street tube station. Royal College of Music is somewhere on Prince Consort Road north of South Kensington tube station. And don't forget the Guildhall School of Music, University of London's Goldsmith's College, and Thames Valley University's London College of Music in Ealing.

2 July 2001

analyticalQ links
London travel
Career management